1- Who are architectural / construction technicians ?
Some practices offer services as architectural / building construction technicians.
- They are talented construction proffessionals and often their fees are a bit lower / cheaper though provide
full services you require.
- They specialize in the sciences & technology of architecture and building design & construction.
- They work closely with client and other proffessionals and translate your ideas & dreams into a building project
for your need.
- Guide you through the complex procedures of planning , permission and building regulations and oversee the
whole project from start to completion.
2- How much do we charge ?
Generally there are three ways ( we building designers ) charge :
a - lumpsum calculated on the expected work required.
b - a daily rate ( i.e 8hours ) - approx. sh 5000 here in kenya and us dollars 50 outside east africa region for
small projects i.e bungalows i.e a three bedroomed bungalow house takes three days to draft / design,
thus total design cost is sh ( 5000 x 3 ) = sh 15000 minus approval fees.
NB - approval fees are usually 1.5 % of total construction cost of the project i.e ( total building materials cost +
labour cost )
c- A percentage rate of the contract sum( i,e total construction cost )
- usually the building construction industry charges from 6% to 15 % design fees of total construction
cost of a proposed building block / facility.
- But we ( build-perspective agencies) charges 4% design fees inclusive of approval fees for large and
complex projects - click and see NEWS tab for further information.